Recycled foam core balsa wood Surfboard Kits
Riley offers a variety of foam core/bals shaping sets sets perfect for building your own fish, shortboard, mini mal, longboard or even a gun. These surfboard building kits come with everything you need to make your own foam core balsa skinned surfboard.
1. Recycled polystyrene foam blank cut with rocker curves.
2. 2 sheets of 2.6mm laminated balsa sheets for deck and bottom.
3. 4 lengths of 6mm thick solid balsa bands for rails.
4. 1 litre of glue for balsa and foam.
5. Solid tail and nose blocks.
6. Balsa coloured putty with varying colour.
7. 60 grit sand paper.
8. Large and small sanding blocks.
9. Tape for bands and nose and tail blocks.
10. 1 litre of Wood sealer before glassing.
11. Glue scraper
12. Face mask
13. DVD on making a foam core balsa board
14. Surf Magazines
Due to the unique combination of Balsa and EPS, the finished boards have great flex and flotation characteristics. Without doubt this will be the strongest and most durable board in your quiver.
This kit is suitable for everyone - the experienced shaper looking for a new material/experience as well as absolute novices who want to shaper their first surfboard.
As all our products, this blank is hand made in Australia
• Pre shaped, easy to finish off blank
• Resulting in a high quality surfboard you will enjoy forever
• comes with the strongest and most durable balsa wood
• recycled EPS foam core
• solid balsa rails and tail
• any size and stringer combination possible - fill out the custom order form (click here to download)
Length: 5'10'' - 9'6''''
Type of construction: foam core, balsa skin
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com
Please note: Hollow boards are very difficult to make without any real benefits and they need to be well maintained and they are difficult to repair, they are also very limited to your custom shape – we do solid and foam core!